Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

the end of a friendship

I have a friend, or did have, I should say. We have been friends since 1977 - 34 years - in some cultures a lifetime. We met at a party of mutual friends and until the other day we were the only two who still saw each other. We had an argument the first time we met, she was very definite in her views and strong in her commitments and we had an argument at the end and she was still very definite in her views and strong in commitments. We said "have a good life" - she wrote me off without a thought or a care.




How do you define a friendship. Buddies, pals, BFF, sisters, acquaintance, friend of a friend. Our relationships evolve from being acquaintances, for pals, to the ultimate - BFF - I will be there for you through thick or thing, your mistakes, my mistakes, love and death.




No comments: